R W Armstrong is a family company with over 60 years' heritage. Our reputation is outstanding, as are our people.
We are a leading employer in the local area and offer training and development opportunities to our employees, so there are no limits to fulfilling your potential. We are a close-knit team and you can expect a challenging, rewarding career with us.
To contact us about a vacancy, or to send a speculative application, please contact our Human Resources team at email@example.com.
Covid-19 Update: Due to the ongoing pandemic, our annual apprentice recruitment programme is on hold. As a result, we will not be recruiting any apprentices this September
Large Projects Administrator
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 7TH MAY 2021
To apply, click here
R W Armstrong is a family business with over 60 years’ experience working on some of the finest properties in the South of England. As part of our Basingstoke Large Projects Division, you will be joining a highly experienced team to complete large scale projects of high value and complexity. From new builds to period refurbishments upwards of £10m in value, no two of our projects are the same and you will be given the opportunity for continual challenge and growth.
To provide an efficient service which assists the Large Projects area of the business with the construction administrative duties ensuring that order and standards are maintained. Being main point of contact for administration purposes for Divisional Managers, Project Managers, Site Managers and Quantity Surveyors where there is not a Site Administrator.
- Setting up new construction projects on the company server and maintaining its order for all Basingstoke Large projects.
- Prepare the site manager site starter packs for new projects.
- Compiling and distributing site safety packs, information and notices including laminating signs for sites.
- Managing drawings, drawing registers and AI’s within the project folders for all Basingstoke’s Large Project Division.
- Auditing drawings issued for any title/issue number discrepancies before distribution to sites.
- Copying and folding drawings and construction documentation, printing off from PDF & DWG files.
- Complete Monthly Project Folder Audits – in accordance with document control policy.
- Report required actions of non-compliance to Divisional and / or Construction Manager.
- Attending sites periodically to audit drawings and site documentation as requested by the project team.
END OF PROJECT
- Archive project information, scanning, logging and recording where necessary, in accordance with company archiving policy.
- Collation of information for O&M manuals or work with external outsourcing companies collating information.
- Answer office calls politely and efficiently.
- Timely turnaround of documentation for issue to site.
- General admin including scanning, filing and photocopying documentation as required by the Large Project Division.
- Complete inductions for project team members relating to construction administration and supply training for site base administrators.
- Supporting new employees with administration guidelines and assisting with their training.
- Carry out administration tasks when requested by Divisional Managers whilst being able to prioritise current work load and tasks.
- Typing letters, emails and other general correspondence generated by Divisional Managers.
- Send out NDA requests, file and maintain tracker.
- Organise site team functions, such as Christmas lunch/dinner.
- Manage the Company’s document lifecycle; setting clear guidance on retention and destroying of records to ensure GDPR, project, quality and SHE compliance.
- Work professionally at all times and handle confidential information with sensitivity.
- Attending Construction Department meetings, taking notes, writing minutes as requested by the project team.
- Working with the Quality & Construction team on new initiative development and ongoing use.
- Maintain the tidiness and order of the office in relation to paper documents.
- Managing stock levels of printers.
- Arranging and managing the company electronic filing system.
- Sickness and holiday cover for other office administration roles.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities that may be reasonsably expected within the nature of the post on an ad hoc basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & BEHAVIOURS
- Previous knowledge or experience of working in the Construction industry.
- Previous proven administration experience.
- You will be able to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and have a professional and helpful approach when communicating with all colleagues and external contacts.
- Good understanding and discipline in electronic and paper filing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Effective organisational and administrative skills.
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- A polite and friendly manner and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong efficiency and punctuality.
BENEFITS: Workplace Pension, 22 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, 5 days sick pay benefit
HOURS: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 15:00 (30 hours)