R W Armstrong is a family run building contractor with over 60 years of heritage. We work on high-end residential properties, using our specialist knowledge of traditional building methods and quality craftsmanship. Our local reputation is outstanding, as are our people with over 200 employees.
Our company is one of the leading employers in the local area, and many of our longest serving employees have followed their relatives into the company. We have a policy of offering training and progression to all of our staff; there are no limits to your potential here. We are a close-knit team and you can expect a challenging, rewarding career with us.
In addition to the roles we are actively recruiting, we are always happy to receive speculative applications from both skilled and professional construction personnel. Please send any employment enquiries to our Human Resources team at email@example.com
The overall expectation of the role is to take a lead role in the smooth transition from being awarded a project through to site coordination/programming/CAD drawings/delivery and installation, keeping high emphasis on maintaining high standards and to ensure that these are achieved throughout all processes of a joinery project.
Programming is instrumental in a successful joinery Division, the Joinery Project Manager will take a lead role in producing a robust long term and short-term programmes and keep weekly checks to make sure all parties are following the programme schedule.
The Joinery Project Manager must have the ability to liaise with site teams and client teams to ensure that successful lead times and programming are achieved.
The role will at times require you to take concept drawings from Designers and Architects and turn them into working drawings using 2D CAD software ready for the Operations Manager to run through the production process.
The Joinery Project Manager will record changes made from concept drawings to construction drawings and report them to Joinery Commercial Manager for cost analysis.
To contribute in the overall success of the customer experience and customer satisfaction and to improve performance, efficiency, effectiveness, team morale and reputation throughout the Divisions.
SITE & WORKSHOP COORDINATION
- take lead role in coordinating with site teams on delivery of the joinery items
- Coordinating with site teams and joinery fitting teams to ensure best scheduling is met
- Preparing time and material schedules
- Coordinating and liaising with manufacturing teams at all stages
- Preparing and providing O&M manuals
- Preparing build programmes, integrating lead times etc.
- Preparation and handover of design packages to manufacturing
- Consolidating relationships with existing supply chain and looking for suitable new workshops for us to use on future projects
- Researching and liaising with specialist supply chain
- Produce robust long-term and short-term programmes for each main joinery project, working with site project teams and Joinery Operation Manager in always making allowances and consideration for key items that may determine the delivery of an efficiently run project,
- Contract CDP requirements
- Design lead times
- Identify the Critical path elements
- Purchase of specialist items with long lead times
- Procurement of integrated appliances
- Diligently review, track and update the joinery Programme, and accurately report progress to the client team and internal project teams
- Operate an effective method of regular communication with site teams to ensure all parties collaborate with the project strategy, programme, operational requirements, quality and integration of all joinery items
- Carry out regular site visits to make sure plastering, 1st fix and 2nd fix of M&E finishing dates is being met by site teams
- Operate an effective method of regular communication to Joinery Commercial Manager to report changes that have occurred onsite commercially or constructional that may affect the outcome of the delivery of the Joinery projects
- Weekly checks with site teams and Operation Manager to make sure programmes are being followed
- Go to progress meetings with site teams to evaluate lead times and procurement schedules
INSTALLATION & DELIVERY
- Through accurate programming and site checks arrange delivery dates and installation dates
- Coordinate with site fitting team to have hand over at the beginning and end of the installation
- Take a lead role in making sure drawings, additional materials and safe working conditions are in place before site team arrive onsite
- Procuring material and fixings for the completion of installation
- Checking access and lifting gear is in place prior to delivery and installation
- Programming installation timetable
- Final snag joinery installation
ESTIMATING & VALUATIONS
- To assist the Joinery Commercial Manager in producing detail quotations
- Reporting changes that accumulate as projects develop
- To assist the design team in liaising and communicating with clients and professionals to
- Ascertain client brief
- Develop design concepts and obtain stage sign off
- Develop final design and obtain sign off
- Follow and replicate design styles set by client’s teams
- Take Architect CAD files and develop them into production drawings
- Excellent documentation and filing of drawings and correspondence
knowledge, Skills, experience & Behaviours
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD/Inventor and showcase packages
- Strong written skills
- Excellent knowledge of external and internal joinery items
- Excellent in personal time management with the ability to multitask
- Be able to build strong relationships with site teams and workshop teams alike
- Ability to hand sketch to communicate initial design ideas
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of site surveys to ensure that cabinetry and joinery fits within the confines of the building
- Have a natural ability of being able to work in a team and equally on your own when required
- Extensive knowledge of associated materials, products and finishes
- Through CPD keep up to date with both current trends and traditional standards in the general marketplace, and in relation to the interests of the Group
Measured by / key results
- Timely delivery
- Personal impact
It is the Company’s intention that this role profile is seen as a guide to the main areas and duties for which the job holder is accountable. However, the business will change, and the job holder’s obligations are bound to vary and develop, so the role profile should be seen as a guide and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement. This role profile is non-contractual.